Please Note: Our Rating and grading methods for the 2019-2020 season have changed from that of previous years. Refer Item 10 below.
- Only members who have paid their subscriptions are eligible to enter Club competitions.
- The total number of entries per member is TWO per bi-monthly competition. The number of entries (digital or print) may be apportioned between the two competition categories in any proportion.
e.g. 2 images in set subject, 2 images in open category, or 1 image in each.
- All entries should be titled correctly but not marked with the member’s name.
- Refer to How To Submit Your Competition Entry here for more information in regards to image file naming, sizing/dimensions & email details. This can also be found on your CCC USB stick.
- All entries must be the work of the competitor but may be professionally processed.
- All entries must not be more than two years old.
- Prints must be rigid and mounted with a mat surround. The maximum size of the mat must not exceed 510 x 410mm(20×16″). The smallest size of the print is 180xx125mm(7 x 5″). The back must be of a suitable material such as cardboard or foam board. Wooden backs are not allowed.
- Digital entries must not exceed 1620 x 1080 pixels.
- An image can be entered once only to the bi-monthly club competitions, however it can be re-entered to an end of year competition.
- Points scoring are as follows:
- Grading: A, B & C
- Members will start off in their grades, as achieved at the end of July 2019.
- Images to be awarded points out of 20 by the judge in their particular grades. Extra points will be added for having an image awarded “best of the competition”.
- 17 points and above will be classed as an honours, and will be awarded a certificate.
- Members in C grade have to get at least 2 x C grade honours to be moved up to B at the beginning of the next club year (August).
- Members in B grade have to get 4 x B grade honours to be moved up to A grade at the beginning of the next club year (August).
- Members in A grade can stay in this grade. After receiving a certain amount of A grade Honours will be awarded the following status
5 = Bronze
10 = Silver
15 = Gold
20 = Platinum
There will be no time limit to achieve this.
- New members transferring from other clubs with grading systems that have been judged by PSNZ Judges. We will honour their status and they can start in that particular grade
- All other new members start in C grade.
- New members who are not a member of any club in NZ can submit a portfolio of 10 images to be assessed by the committee to ascertain their grade.
- Print of the Year – The entry must have been submitted in a Cambridge Camera Club competition during the previous twelve months. It is acceptable to make minor adjustments to take on board the original judge’s comments.
- JW WELCH Trophy – The subject for this trophy is Floral and may have been photographed at any time but cannot be submitted if entered in previous JW Welch competitions.
- Nature Trophy – Entries to comply with PSNZ Nature category criteria
- Creative Trophy
- Photographer of the year – This Trophy will be presented to the photographer with the most points at the end of the year.